Friday, July 29, 2011

New York State of Mind

I took a few days off blogging to take a quick trip to New York City for a college friend's baby shower.  I had been anticipating the trip since the moment I booked my ticket (some much needed "me" time), but as usual packed in a hurried frenzy a few hours before leaving for the airport.  The whole flight in, I had a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. And then it hit me: I had forgotten to buy the mama-to-be a gift, the whole purpose of my trip! Alas, good thing I was in the Big Apple and had a million baby boutiques to choose from.  And lucky for me, I was staying with my best friend from law school, who is also a New York shopping encyclopedia.   Without skipping a beat she said, "Don't worry, we'll get her something from Estella."  Of all of the many places to buy baby and children's clothing in the city, she gets almost all of her baby gifts from Estella. One trip there and I saw why: in addition to selling adorable, one of a kind pieces for young boys and girls, they also have their own Estella line of the absolute softest tops and leggings I've yet to put my hands on. After picking out the gift, I of course also managed to come home with a few pieces from their Estella line for my girls. For all you non-New Yorkers, good news: they have a website where you can pick up all of their wares.  Even better news: they have a huge 50% off sale going on right now until August 1. 


on sale for $59.50 (previously $85)



No comments: