Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who's the Boss?

A typical encounter in my house: I attempt to give my 2-1/2 year old a time-out.  She has knocked over/taken a toy from/poked in the eye her little brother or little sister (again).  She stares me squarely in the face and flatly says, "Mommy, but you can't give me a time out."  Taken aback, I ask her why, and she responds, as if it's obvious, "Because, Mommy, I'm in charge." 
We will just pretend this is an example of her "strong leadership skills."  (and yes, I did make her take that time out).  If you, like me, have a current future boss on your hands, she might as well record their aspirations in a stylish notebook from Two Little Boys.  If your little ones have more heroic tendencies, or dream of being princesses, rockstars, supermodels or just plain troublemakers, check out the site, as they also sell notebooks for these little dreamers (we may be grabbing one of each).

No comments: