Monday, July 4, 2011

WELCOME...



We picked up this recycled barnwood plaque a few years ago in Laguna Beach at a charming store called Tuvalu Home.  It now hangs in the entryway to our kitchen, and always puts a smile on our visitors’ faces.  Each time I pass by throughout my crazy day, I am reminded of my grandma singing this song to me when she would put me to sleep or give me a bath.  Since that Laguna trip, I’ve spotted it on various online outposts, almost always offered for sale as a whimsical nursery touch.  It would look fabulous in any nursery, and for me it’s a perfect example that “children” and “style” do not have to be mutually exclusive. Oh, and if “You are My Sunshine” isn't your thing, there are a bunch of other great options for your nursery/kids room/play room/anyroom from this shop. 
And with that, WELCOME to my blog. Some people read trashy magazines, watch reality TV, or get a massage to relax. Ok, so do I. But I also have a somewhat obsessive habit of scouring the Web for anything and everything unique and pretty related to children, from nursery style to clothing to artwork, particularly for the pre-K set. Here is my little corner to share some of those finds with you.

No comments: